Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week Two Reflection

Really the ten pages of review really are my reflections over the various activities I did.  It is always helpful to learn about how to do something but this falls short by itself.  This type of learning needs to be done with hands on training as well, and I feel this is what the internship addresses.  It allowed me to read about the ten competencies, but also to go out and experience the real world application of these competencies in the appropriate context.  One of the most beneficial activities I took part in was dealing with the destruction the tornado caused in our district.  During this time I had to work with the superintendent, principals, board, media, town government, etc.  Some of this involved me just observing the various interactions of these people and some I had to be directly involved with.  It was particularly interesting being a part of something that had such a large media impact.  I am confident that the intense week we spent dealing with all this hit on areas from all ten competencies.  The internship activities forced me to look beyond the campus and try and see things from a district perspective and how decisions affect the district. 

No comments:

Post a Comment