Sunday, May 29, 2011
Week One Summary
Having taken these classes, I feel I have a much better understanding of the superintendent’s job and responsibilities than when I first began the course work. Completing all the activities for the internship has helped as well. However, I feel there is much that can only be learned through actual experience as an assistant superintendent or superintendent. This is why for many of the areas I marked a “C” but still did not feel I could mark an “S”. I gave myself higher marks in domain I because many of these leadership traits, such as ethics are shared with being a principal. I feel these skills are somewhat transferrable from being a principal to being a superintendent. I felt the same about domain II as well, so I gave myself higher marks in this area as well. In domain III I scored myself a little lower especially in dealing with audits, budgets, and the physical plant. I feel confident in dealing with physical plant issues for a campus, but not necessarily an entire district. I feel much more confident in handling budget concerns with the board after taking the finance class, but I don’t feel I will ever be really confident in it until I am actually am involved with it. I began this course work with little understanding of what it takes to be a superintendent. I feel that having completed this course work, I am ready to begin the journey towards one day stepping into the superintendent’s role or a similar one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment